Sep 9, 2013

Fat Loss Week 8 and children

By now, I should have been close to achieving the results I had been imagining....but my diet has been a very hard struggle.  Again this last week I struggled....probably worse than I have this whole challenge.  I ate soooooo many sugary treats, and soooooo many salty crackers!  Not good.  One of my problems is that I've been potty training my son, and we buy him potty treats.  I don't usually have so much junk food in my house....but since I have been buying it, I've been on a rampage!
Here are my measurements from this morning:

Waist: 27 3/4"
High Hip (belly): 33 1/4"
Hips: 36 1/2"

Not much change.  Like I said, ultimately I'd like to get my waist down to 25"....but we'll see if that's even possible after giving birth to another.  It seems my body changes after each baby, in different ways.  Usually not for the better! Ha!  But, after it's all said and done, it is sooo worth it.  I'd rather have my beautiful children, and be able to listen to delighted giggles and squeals, and laughter.  I would give up my idea of a perfect body any day of the week for these precious children.

This morning I had one of those happy moments.  I was driving my daughter to school, with the boys in tow, and also a friend we had to pick up on the way.  My daughter and her friend were giggling in the back seat, all excited to see each other....they are best friends.  My son Lincoln, wanted our friends' attention so he was also yelling at the top of his lungs to get her attention.  While listening to the girls' chatter and giggles, and Lincoln's loud voice, one of my favorite songs came on the radio.  It was "Chicken Fried" by the Zac Brown Band.  In the lyrics, he talks about "feel the touch of a precious child, and know a mother's love".  A wave of happiness washed over me.  At that moment I felt complete joy.  I knew that the best happiness and joy that this life can give is motherhood.  It really is.  It is sooooooo, soooooo hard sometimes.  But overall, I'd definitely say it is worth every minute of pain and heartache, to feel the touch of a child, or hear their squeals of delight.  There really is nothing else like it on this earth.  Nothing.  I love being a mother so much.  All I ever wanted when I was little, was to get married and have children.  My dream is coming true and I feel truly blessed.



Jax was not too thrilled about being held.  But Linc was so sweet and tried to comfort him.
  So with that, I'll end this post by saying I'm going to try harder with my eating.  I NEED to get it under control so I can accomplish my goals.  I had a killer workout this morning with some friends.  Lots and lots of upper body work, using my own body weight, and some ab work too!  Today I felt weak though because I haven't worked out since last Thursday.  The break was nice, but I'm going to hit it hard this week.  Maybe I'll try to workout 5 times instead of 4!

Xo,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment