Oct 11, 2013

Dollar Store

Hi!  Just thought I'd share a few things that I found at the Dollar Tree!  I love that place.  Seriously.  Back in September, I found these birds and skeletons:



I love it....and a big part of the reason for that is because it's a dollar!  I often find myself dragging my feet over home décor, or even holiday décor because I want to find the perfect pieces....because I HATE spending gobs of money on it, only later to find out that I hate it.  I'm really indecisive like that. 
Yesterday I hit up the dollar tree again and spent $25!  I got that little glitter pumpkin, and obviously, a ton of other things.
I've realized that I also struggle in the organization department.  I hate to spend money on something and then find out later that it wasn't functional, or the BEST option out there.  Dollar Tree to the rescue again.  I snagged a bunch of cute little baskets (all plastic), and am finding all sorts of things that I can organize and make more space for myself.  Here is a picture of 3 of those cute blue baskets:



 
Keep in mind that this is my master bathroom, and not one that guests will use often, so my big basket of tampons, although an eye sore, is functional for me.  Also, as I've mentioned before, I live in a rental, so I got the CHEAPEST metal shelf that I could find to create extra storage. This does not necessarily reflect my personal style....but what can you do!  I needed something fast and this is what I got!
I spend time thinking of my dream home.....often.  I can't even wait.  I'm too cheap to spend money on this rental.  I have pink, blue, white, and black blinds throughout the house (that were here before us), ugly kitchen cupboards, hideous kitchen counters, oh, and I could go on and on about all the things I want to change.  But I won't spend our hard earned money on it, even if it's a cheap things like blinds (or not so cheap depending on what you would replace it with).  I can't stand to spend money on something that isn't mine.  I'd rather save all my money, and use it for my DREAM home! :)
 
What about you?  What do you think about spending a LITTLE money to make things aesthetically pleasing...even if it's not yours???  And....what do you guys do for tampons???  I'm sure you hide them under the counter like any normal person should! haha!  But I can't help it.  I love when I find ideas to make it more functional.  Maybe I'll put them up in that large pink box up high on the shelf, and put something else in the blue basket....that way nobody can see them! :)
 
XO,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment