Aug 21, 2013

Fat Loss Week 5

So I've really dropped the ball on these posts!  I'm so sorry.  Mostly I have lost all motivation to be so strict with my diet.  I've continued to work out (not perfectly according to my plan here), but pretty darn good! 
It's the food that's killing me!  I've realized that when I don't eat enough, I get in a rut FAST, and then just give up!  I haven't completely given up, but I have NOT done well.  I also get down on myself when I don't do something perfectly. 
I was recently talking to a friend about weight loss and wanting to get back into a toned lean body.  I have pretty much lost all the "baby weight".  I am down to a size 4 in jeans which makes me very happy.  But there is a problem.  I have never been this small and felt so bad about my body.  My body is loose and saggy.  I feel just as out of shape as when I was in a size 8.  Funny how that works.  I was on bed rest for 7 weeks STRAIGHT.  I lost a TON of muscle...and my body is paying for it.  Also, my stomach doesn't seem to want to cooperate!  After my second....it went right down....after a LOT of hard work.  But this time around....not so much.  I have worked hard on and off to get to where I am now....but it's still not enough.  And this is VERY frustrating to me.  Also, another reason this may be taking longer than normal, is my hormones have been JACKED up!  I just went to the Dr. and got that problem fixed (I got my IUD yanked out....what a relief!).  Now my body can stop being bloated every 2 weeks, for a week at a time.....not even kidding!  When I would see the scale jump up 3 or 4 lbs in a day and stay for 2 weeks long...I would get discouraged as well.  So I'm hoping my body will start balancing itself out again. 
I'm going to give myself a good 2 or 3 months to let my body regulate itself again.  In the meantime, I am still going to exercise and try as hard as I can to eat right!  I've realized that I DON'T want to lose weight fast.  I was getting too hungry and sabotaging myself.  So, I am still going to follow the same rules, except, I think I will eat a LITTLE more calories...based on my hunger cues.  This means of course that I will not lose as fast....but I don't feel that I have a lot of weight to lose...maybe 5 or 10 lbs.  I need to fuel my body so that I can lift heavier and build muscle to tone up all my loose areas!

I'm not going to post my measurements this week.  But starting Monday again...I will get back to posting weekly on my progress and maybe talk about what I've been eating!  Today, I ate oatmeal with raisins, brown sugar (I know it was a no no), and pecans for breakfast, and then for lunch I ate a large salad with cherry tomatoes from my garden, cubed sliced peppered turkey, and a TBSP or so of lite ranch dressing.  I know it's not SUPER clean, but I figure it's better than a chocolate bar AND a Mcdonald's hot fudge sundae....like yesterday! HA! 


Xo,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment