Sep 5, 2013

Jokes and Potty Talk

Knock Knock!
Who's there?
Potato!
Potato who?
Potato no ones there!


That was my 5 year old this evening before bed.  Knock Knock jokes are the big thing around here nowadays, and I love it.  It's so ridiculously adorable, watching them laugh on and on over their own jokes that they seem to think, make sense.  Adorable.  For a while there, my 3 year old (Lincoln) would say them over and over anytime we drove anywhere.  After that got old, he started in with "I spy".....but he doesn't fully comprehend it yet.  It's hilarious and annoying all at the same time, annoying because he goes on and on and if you try to stop playing, he SCREAMS at the top of his lungs until you start playing again.  Good times.
Lincoln's grumpy face. 

In other news, I have FINALLY started trying to potty train Lincoln.  It's not going so well.  He started to potty train himself a month or so before he turned 3, but then Hubby and I went out of town for a few days, and left him with family, and since then he has stopped.  I've been trying very hard this week, and we've made progress, but not very much.  He WILL NOT have a BM on the toilet.  I've tried running him to the toilet as soon as I know he is going to have a BM, but then he just sits there and cries, and then says he doesn't have to go anymore.  Of course he will go within the hour in his pull up.  I try bribing him with candy and chocolate, but he doesn't care.  He does go pee in the potty about 50 percent of the time.  This potty training business is hard work!  I just need to buck up and try harder to stay on top of it.  But at the same, when I make him sit on the potty every hour, he cries and cries and gets mad.  Ahhhhh!  What's a mom to do!?!? 
I will continue to reward him with gummy bears (pee) and chocolates(poop) when he does use the potty.  Also, when I googled potty training, I got a GREAT idea.  I have been using ABC flashcards while he sits on the potty, that way he can learn at the same time.  He has LOVED it as well and always wants me to pull them out when we go!  I am crossing my fingers that he is potty trained in the next month....but I have a feeling that it may take longer!  Ugghh!

Do you have any potty training tips for me?  I'm all ears!

Oh, and I had to add this:
Lincon insisted on wearing his socks like this.  Hubby and I got a good laugh out of this!





XO,
Amber 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment