Sep 4, 2013

Fat Loss Week 7




So fat loss....oh boy!  Well, I decided to eat what I wanted for 2 days over the weekend...and then that turned into 3....and so on.  I still haven't gotten back to healthy eating.  Ahhhhh!    I've had one too many hot chocolates with LOTS of whip cream and lots of other crap!  Tomorrow is the day!  This has been interesting to blog about my diet.  Eye opening really.  I realize that once I give in for "a day", I can't get back on the band wagon, or at least it takes me a long while...sometimes weeks! :)  I want to be able to indulge every so often though, so I need to figure out how to jump back on the wagon quicker, instead of dragging my feet.  I know it all comes down to mental will power and rationalizing!  Once I eat badly for a couple of days, I rationalize with myself...."well, I already screwed up....what's one more day?".  This kind off thinking quickly gets me into trouble, and it makes it so hard for me to jump back on the diet train.
So I'm going to try a new strategy this weekend.  IF I decide to indulge, I'm going to try only indulging in one meal, and one dessert.  They don't have to be at the same time.  I'll see how this works for me.  Crossing my fingers.

As far as the exercise, I had another fabulous week!  I worked out 4 or 5 days, and did MOST of what I wanted to.  I can tell that my body is getting stronger.  I am not getting smaller, but I am building muscle and improving my cardiovascular fitness, which makes me very happy.  Right now, I am LOVING exercise.  It makes me feel so good about my body....even though I don't look perfect, there is a sense of fulfillment that comes with it.  My arms are getting a little more defined, and I am building a little more muscle in my legs (which for me is very difficult).  My gut is still my trouble area, but I will keep plugging away.  Day by day, I WILL get to where I want to be.  I will NOT give up.  I will try to take pictures next week.  I am not sure if my progress will be noticeable yet....but I'll post anyways.  I would have been transformed by now if I had stuck to my eating plan perfectly....but such is life.  Slow and steady wins the race.....right???? 
I am not going to post measurements right now!  I am sooooo bloated, and weighing in at more than I have in MONTHS!  But I know it's not "real" weight gain.  I've got some really bad cramps, and when that's happening I am always bloated.  This one happens to be a real doozy as far as the weight gain.  I just barely weighed in at 132lbs!  But don't worry.  It won't be here for long, I'm sure I will lose at least 5 lbs after the week is over...and that is just water weight.

A quick meal that I just ate the other morning, which was pretty healthy according to my standards was egg and turkey sausage scramble.  All I did was spray pam in a pan, add chopped green peppers, and onions, and turkey sausage (I bought Oscar Meyer brand that looks like a big link...not the ground kind).  Once that was cooked, I added 2 whole eggs (that I whisked quickly before adding), and 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese.  After it was done I added a Tbsp of ketchup to the side.  Probably didn't need the extra calories and sugar....but whatever. 

What about you?  Do you have any healthy recipes to share with me?  I am always looking to try new things so that I don't get bored!  I would love to hear from you!

XO,
Amber


No comments:

Post a Comment