Sep 16, 2013

OOTD and The Weekend!

Hello!  Here is an outfit I wore a couple of Sunday's ago.  Sorry about the blurriness, there must have been a fingerprint on the lens or something????  I also bought this outfit while I was shopping in Phoenix.  I got the shirt and skirt from Kohl's, and the sandals from Target (on clearance).
 




My weekend was A-MAZ-ING!  Wanna know why?  It's because I did absolutely NOTHING.  It was so perfect.  On Friday night we had a bunch of friends over for a friendly game of poker, and then on Saturday we just lounged around all day.  In the afternoon, when I put my boys down for a nap, my husband left to run a couple of errands and brought Taylor with him, which left me all alone to work on a project.....which I will be posting about very shortly and just CANNOT wait to share!  Back to the weekend.  So once hubs got back, we just chilled all day long.  I wasted time looking at magazines (Better Homes and Gardens....my favorite), reading, and watching shows (The Amazing Race) with hubby.  We also watched a couple of movies "Now you see me", and "Star Trek" the second one.  Both were GREAT!   We let the kids play games on the Ipad, watch cartoons, and play outside.  We made no bake cookies, and delicious meals and TRIED to eat outside on the patio, but of course if it's not raining around here then it's usually windy.  It was too windy and we all ran back inside.  At one point, I was feeding my little Jax, and looked over at my other 2 children.  They were sitting at the kitchen table eating.  Linc was standing on his chair wiping his chubby little dirty hands all over the chair and table, and then he jumped down and started playing with Taylor on the kitchen floor.  Once upon a time, I would have looked at this very same moment...with panic.  I would stress over my chairs, table and floor getting sticky and dirty, and then I would stress about the fact that my kids were NOT eating their dinner and worry that they wouldn't get enough to eat.
But during this moment, I smiled.  I felt complete joy in my heart.  I noticed Lincoln's tiny chubby baby hands, and Taylor's huge grin as she played with her brother.  My children looked so happy.  I relished the moment and thanked God that I was able to enjoy that beautiful moment.  Don't get me wrong, I still saw the dirty chairs, but I didn't feel panicked, I actually enjoyed it because I know my kids won't be young forever, and one day they will grow up and leave, and I will miss cleaning up their little hand prints all over everything, because I will miss them terribly.  I feel the older I get and the longer that I am a mother, my stress and anxieties seem to decrease.  I feel like I am able to see life's beautiful moments more easily now because I don't feel like I'm running around with my head cut off.  I also think what helps is that I have lowered my own expectations.  I realize I can't keep my house SPOTLESS.  And that's OK.  I also realize that enjoying these moments of happiness with my children is much more important, than having a spotless house. 

XO,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment