Aug 27, 2013

Diet, OOTD and Jax is 1!

Okay, so I know I'm supposed to be posting about my fat loss journey....and I will tomorrow.  I keep forgetting to take my measurements...but I will tomorrow!  Today was the first day in a while where I started counting calories again.  I ate 4 meals at 400 calories each.  Here is what I ate:

3/4 cup of honey nut cheerios (I know this was not so good)
1/2 cup whole milk (our 1% went sour, and is what I normally drink)
A few grapes (like 6 or 7)

1 cup of chili (homemade)
Half of white tortilla.

Chocolate protein shake, made with 1 cup of whole milk, 1 Tbsp of peanut butter and 6 ice cubes.  Delicious!

Chicken quesadilla (1 whole wheat tortilla, 1/4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, 1/4 shredded chicken, 3 cherry tomatoes, taco seasoning)
1 1/2 cup salad (Lettuce, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, fat free Italian dressing)

I also snuck in a couple of bites of orange sorbet, and 1 bite of a vanilla cupcake (I couldn't resist....it was my son's birthday!)

Feeling pretty good about what I ate.  I kept my calories in a good range...I did not feel hungry, and mostly felt full all day long.  I feel like I am FINALLY getting my motivation back to eat healthy.  For me, motivation comes from planning it around a trip or an event.  So I'm pulling my current motivation from the trip we will have at Christmas.  Every other year my hubby's parents rent "The Christmas House".  It's big enough that the whole family can stay there, and it is soooo much fun being with everyone.  I can't even wait.  So that is my trip that will motivate me...fingers crossed! 
Oh, and last time I was at The Christmas House, my sister-in-law made the BEST cake pops known to man!  I just got the recipe and made some the other day:


It's super easy.  Bake a cake, let it cool, smash it up with frosting (I used store bought cream cheese and chocolate...liked the chocolate better), roll into balls, put a stick in each and freeze for 4 hours.  Remove.  Melt almond bark in the microwave and dip cake balls in the chocolate.  Done.  Delicious.  So evil.   The first night I made them....I made myself SICK...literally.  I ate so many.  They are really rich...you should only have one.  I know this is NOT good for my eating healthy plan....but sometimes you just have to enjoy life...and for me that means eating sugar...by the truck loads!

On to my outfit....I just bought the shirt, jeans, and purse during my shopping spree.  Side note: sorry my mirrors are streaked with water!  My kids love to splash in that big bathtub and I don't do a good job at keeping them streak free!


 
 
 
New purse that I LOVE.  All for $17 at Kohl's!  Woot woot!
 


Also, Jax turned 1 today!  It was a very busy day, and I feel kind of guilty because I didn't give him the attention that I gave my other children when they turned 1.  I didn't even have a present for him.  I figure he won't remember...but still.  Feeling kind of guilty.  I think we will celebrate his birthday again this weekend, so that daddy can be home for it.  But I did manage to snap a few pics of Jax with his cupcake.  Jax is my pickiest eater to date.  He hates most texture.  So at first he didn't want to eat it.  He just threw it all over the place.  Near the end, I shoved some in his mouth, and when he realized that it was good...he ate the last couple of bites.






Xo,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment