Aug 29, 2013

Fat Loss Week 6?

I can't even remember what week I am on.  Mostly because I have done horrible at this, so I stopped paying attention.  But, I think my motivation has come back.  I've been going strong this week with counting calories and watching what I eat.  I'm not perfect...but I'm pretty darn good.
I finally remember to take my measurements this morning:

Waist: 27 1/2"
High Hip (muffin top): 33 1/2"
Hips: 36 1/2"
Weight: 127.6 lbs.

So, I know my measurements have not really improved, but I have a feeling that is about to change.  My goal is to get my waist down to 25".  Not sure if that is possible...but I'm going to try.  I'm not sure what I want my muffin top to be, or what is even realistic.  But definitely want that down a couple of inches as well.  Like maybe down to 28" or 29"?  We'll see.  I'm fine with my hips...but wouldn't mind one bit if they dropped down to 35".

As far as diet...yesterday I turned over a new leaf.  I denied myself of all sugary sweets.  Not even a bite.  I wanted a cupcake sooooo badly (leftover from Jax's birthday).  After asking my husband every 10 mins. for oh...about 2 hours...if I should eat one....he got up and took it out of the package and threw it in the garbage.  He then made the comment that he purposely took it out of the container because he knew that as soon as he left, I would go digging through the garbage for it.  And he's right.  So he took my temptation away and then it was easy!   Now I just need to work up the courage to throw out my 2 cans of frosting in the fridge.  Every time I open the fridge I see the frosting and just want to eat it by the spoonfuls.  It's too much of a temptation.  In fact, I'm going to throw it out tonight and report back tomorrow.

Today, this is what I will be eating:

1/2 cup oats with 1/4 c raisins, and 2 Tbsp of whole milk (still haven't been to the store for the 1%)

Chicken soft taco: 1 whole wheat tortilla, grilled chicken, 1/3 c mozzarella cheese, 2 Tbsp of salsa, and fresh cilantro from my garden)
I also ate 7 Ritz crackers with 2 little squares of cheddar cheese- this was a no-no, but I cheated.  Not only is sugary treats a temptation, but I LOVE salty crackers...so I try to limit this as much as possible because I always eat too many and then they become a problem.

Next I will eat 1 c of plain non-fat Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of homemade trailmix, and 1 1/2 Tbsp. of jam.  I know that sounds weird...but it is soooo good.  I am allowing some sugar...like jam, or sometimes syrup, or honey.

Dinner...I don't really know yet...but I think I'll grill up some burgers.  So I will eat 1 or 2 (depending on size) 90% lean ground burger patties with no bread, watermelon (as much as I want), and some kind of vegetable...maybe asparagus.

I may have a chocolate protein shake with water later on depending on if I am hungry or not.  I probably will be.  I've been doing some pretty intense workouts lately.

I know I need to step up my game when it comes to fruits and vegetables...and water.  Tomorrow I will try harder to eat more of that.

As far as workouts, as I mentioned...I'm doing pretty good.  I've been meeting with a few girls twice a week to workout.  Plus, I've been doing my at home workouts too.

Monday, we did a lower body CRAZY workout.  My legs are still sore today.  I'll try to remember everything:
5 rounds of these exercises
Squats with 10lb weight (10)
Squat jump 20 reps?
Walking lunge 20 (10 on each leg)
We did 2 more exercises...but I can't remember them...sorry.  I'll try to be better at remembering.  It sounds easy, but it was killer.

Then we did 3 rounds of a series of running exercises for cardio....like running sideways in grapevine style, skipping forward, running with high knees, and running with heels to butt, kind of stuff.  That probably took about 15 mins.

Then we did 2 rounds of abs
I think we did regular crunches, side planks (not stationary...the ones where you dip down on your hip and then raise back up), and the bicyle (20 reps).

Tuesday, all I did was run for 38 mins.

Wednesday, I didn't do cardio, but I did lift weights with a friend, just upper body.
We did 12 reps of each exercise
Bicep curls, Dips (for triceps), chest press on exercise ball, pushups, lateral and front raise, One arm bent over row.
We repeated this 3 times. 

Thursday (today), we did an upper body workout again.  You shouldn't ever lift weights 2 days in a row for the same body part....but I didn't really get a great workout the day before, and I was working out with friends today and couldn't control what we were doing.....so I just did it again.  Here is what we did:
Pushup rows with weights 10 reps each arm, Temple twists (for core), walk the plank (in pushup position, lower yourself down onto elbows and then back up onto hands) which works the core, side step ups 20 reps each leg with weight (the only lower body, but also was GREAT cardio), Hip raises (start in plank position, then bend into a downward dog position) 20 reps, Chest press and hip thrust combo (lay on back, do a chest press with weight, then lower weights and thrust your hips up off the ground), 20 reps, Mountain climbers....but slow, 40 reps (20 each leg).

Then repeat 2 more times.  It took us approx. 40 mins.  I won't do cardio today, because I was sweating bullets with the above workout.  We did it fast with no breaks.

On another note, yesterday I saw my daughter trying to comfort her little brother Lincoln.  I had yelled at Lincoln (not a proud mama moment) to get out of the room for some reason or another, and he left crying.  As I was coming out of the room, I spied Taylor walking down the hall with Lincoln holding his hand and telling him it was going to be okay.  My heart melted.  As much as Taylor and Lincoln fight, she really does love him.  I hope they will be best friends forever.




Taylor and Lincoln almost 2 years ago!
 Now, if only I can be learn to be patient all of the time.  Yesterday was NOT one of those days.  In fact, the last 2 days have been a little hard for me.  I'm sure it all boils down to lack of sleep, for not only me, but my children as well.  I haven't been putting Lincoln down for a nap during the day, and he still really needs one, so he gets pretty cranky.  Also, I've been up in the night lately with my daughter and my baby, so I am cranky too.

Question:  Do you get cranky with lack of sleep?  I am short tempered and ornery!  I need to find a way to be patient even when tired.  Got any suggestions?

XO,
Amber 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment