Jul 9, 2013

Birth Story

This is Jax.  He just might be the cutest thing I have ever laid eyes on!



Jax at 10 months old


6 months old

Jax is the youngest of my 3 children.  He brings happiness to our life and we feel so lucky that we have him in our family.  During my pregnancy, I went into preterm labor.  Because I live in a small town, the hospital here does not have a NICU, so they had to fly me to a larger hospital where they could handle a baby being born at 29 weeks.  The flight was terrifying.  It was windy, and my contractions were STRONG.  I was alone because the Mr. was out of town.  I was so scared that I was going to deliver Jax in flight, without a Doctor.  I was afraid that he was going to die.
 






Jax was a good boy, and stayed put!  I was on bed rest for 7 weeks.  Horrible.  I never realized how hard it would be to have to lay in bed all day long.  My heart goes out to all of the people who are too sick or weak to get out of bed, or of course any pregnant woman on bed rest!  I had never had any problems like this in my other two pregnancies, so this was quite a surprise.
 


I made it full term, and he arrived a little after 39 weeks. 




My birth experience with Jax was ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!  It went fast, and I actually got to feel the sensation to push (a first for me).  Long story short, I was trying to go as long as I could without any medication (which is different from my other 2 pregnancies).  I made it all the way to 10cm.  The contractions were HORRIFIC!  I was so afraid.  I made them give me something similar to an epidural.  Then contractions stopped and baby's heart rate dropped.  I had an amazing Dr. that was able to vaccum him out before I had to have a C-section.  Jaxon arrived healthy and happy.



 I feel so blessed to have a healthy, happy baby.  It's funny how we take things for granted.  I think God gives us challenges and trials so that we can grow and learn from them.  I never knew how badly a heart could ache over the fear of losing my unborn baby that I hadn't even really seen.  Now I know.
Life is so much better with Jax in it!  I thank God every day that he is a part of our life.
 
P.S.  If I ever have another lil' nugget, maybe I will try to do it without medication.  I am so in awe over the women that do it naturally.  I know our bodies were made for having babies.  But I am a control freak sometimes, and I feel so vulnerable not knowing how long I will have to be in that amount of pain.
 
xo,
Amber
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment