Jul 30, 2013

Healthy Go To Meals

On Monday, I kind of slipped up.  I ate 2 1/2 squares of a dessert bar.  I felt SICK afterwards.  I'm trying very hard to cut the sugar.  I need to find my motivation again.  The good news is that same day, I did a KILLER workout.  My lats are screaming still, and it's two days later.  I am pushing through my workouts though.  I don't work the same muscle group twice in a row ever.  I try to leave at least a day in between, but mostly it's 2 days.
I'd thought I'd share some of my go-to meals. 
1. 1 cup of plain greek yogurt with mix ins.  Sometimes I'll mix in a Tbsp or 2 of homemade strawberry jam and cut up peaches (approx. 260 cal.).  Another mix in I'll use is 1/3 cup of homemade trail mix (it's soooo good and healthy), and 1 or 2 tsp. of raw honey.
2. Smoothie.  I usually make the same kind, and have done this for a few years now.  I'll put in greek yogurt, orange juice, frozen banana, frozen strawberries, frozen blueberries, and frozen spinach (I buy the fresh stuff in bags and put in a ziplock and freeze it).  Blend it up.  Adjust ingredient amounts according to the thickness you prefer.
3.  Salads.  When having salad for a meal, I make sure and add in the proper amount of protein.  The other day I made up a weird concoction, but it was sooooo good.  Don't laugh at me.  I do weird things all the time.  I throw in ingredients that sound good to me.  The other day I had chopped romaine lettue, 1 oz of cheddar cheese cubed, green peppers sliced, cherry tomatoes halved, and yellow pepperoncinis (sliced, in a jar), then added 1 tbsp. of lite ranch.  I know it sounds weird, but it was so good.  I know that wasn't enough protein, so I ate 2 hard boiled eggs on the side, with a bit of mustard on top.  I know that sounds disgusting too, but it's kind of like a deviled egg without the mayo.  It's really good!
4. For a snack, I will eat a banana with 2 Tbsp. of peanut butter (300 cal.).
5. Steel cut oats with mix ins like peanut butter and banana, or coconut and raisins, or greek yogurt and fruit.  I don't always get in the protein with this meal, but I try.  Sometimes I'll have an egg or 2 on the side, depending on the calorie count of the oatmeal with mix ins, or a glass of milk.
6.  Omelets or scrambled eggs.  I add in all kinds of things.  My favorite is eggs with chopped broccoli, onions, and green peppers, 1/4 c shredded mozzarella cheese, then top with hot sauce(Franks is my favorite) .

These are just a few things that I like to eat.  They are all super easy and fast, and I like that.  Especially since I'm eating so many times per day.  I need it to be quick and easy so it doesn't consume my life.  Hope you enjoy!

If you look at the picture below, it was just taken on Sunday.  That little gut of mine will be gone in no time flat!  Well, okay....it's going to take time and hard work....but just you wait!  I'm going to get there!  And of course, notice little Lincoln hiding behind my skirt.  Isn't he just a doll with that big grin!!!  I seriously can't get enough of his adorable smiles! 



Xo,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment