Jul 28, 2013

Simple pleausures

The other day, as I was sitting on the couch in my living room, feeding the baby, I watched my other two little ones rolling around fighting.  Normally when I see this, I get annoyed and tell them to stop it!  But on this day, I just looked at them, and a smile slowly spread across my face.  At that moment, I thought about their fat, pudgy little feet and hands.  About all their excitement over making "pillow land" in my living room, about their sweet innocence and dependence on me to make everything all better.  It made me feel happy inside that I could appreciate this moment, even though they were fighting. 
You see, this is a big deal for me.  I'm normally so tired, and just don't want to deal with another fight (my two oldest like to bicker and fight a lot).  I normally snap at them to "stop it!" or "knock it off".  But today I didn't.  I relished the beauty of my children.  If I could make most days like today, I would be one happy mama!
Looking back over the past year, I've realized that I was letting life happen, but not in a good way.  I was stressed and trying so hard to have everything perfect.  I was so busy getting after my children, cleaning my house, making meals, laundry, and the list goes on.  I felt like I was drowning and barely able to keep my head above water.  Now I know that perfection is an illusion...at least to some extent.  What I mean by that, is that for me, it would never be good enough.  With 3 children the house will never be clean enough, the children will never behave exactly as I want them too (no fighting).  It's just not realistic.  Hubby tells me that I do this a lot.   Have unrealistic expectations.  I know he's right, too! :)
So today, was a good day.  A day full of joy, for being able to see the good in my life even amongst the chaos.  I'm convinced that that is how we all lead a happy, joyful life.  Slow down, focus on the good, and think positively as much as possible.


This necklace is also another simple pleasure. Just kidding. But I do LOVE it! :)

P.S.  I will be back tomorrow to give an update on my measurements and fitness and health goals!  So excited!  So keep on the lookout for that! :)

XO,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment