Jul 13, 2013

Displaying Kids Artwork

So, my daughter LOVES to color and paint.  She is always wanting me to hang her artwork up on the fridge, but there is just not enough room.  I've been thinking of ideas for displaying her artwork.  It's always hard when I tell her that we have to throw one of her paintings out so that we can fit a new one on the fridge.  I try to throw it out when she's not looking, but that doesn't always work.  So, I went on to pinterest and google to get a bunch of ideas and I found a solution that was super simple and cute.  Check out what I did:


It's super simple and pretty self explanatory.  I used two felt cutouts (owl and butterfly) that I purchased from Walmart, nails (white), a measuring tape, some twine, baby clothes pins, and paint.  All I did was measure where to put the nails so they would be at the same height, nail the felt objects into the wall, but not all the way.  I left a small space where the nail stuck out so that I could tie the twine around it, then nailed it the rest of the way after securing the twine. 


Next I painted the baby clothespins all different colors.  I left the metal clippy thing on and painted around it.  At first I removed it....but they were such a pain to get back on....so the rest of them I just painted around.  Then just hung up her artwork.

 
I'm so glad I finally got around to doing this!  Once the clips are all used up, I will give her the choice which one she wants to switch out when she makes new artwork.  This way I'm not the bad guy anymore, and she can save a lot more than just one or two at a time.  Win win!

What do you think?  Do you have any great ideas for displaying kids artwork?

XO,
Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment